I’m a real estate agent, getting in the business in 2003, after investing for several years. It’s turned out to be a perfect match for me, an entrepreneur at heart.
Before real estate, I spent a lot of years in corporate America, working primarily for AT&T creating new telecommunications-based products and services, and traveling extensively. Had a great time, enjoyed what I did, and gathered several degrees along the way, too. The time came for me to get off the road, and be closer to home, which ultimately led to me to real estate.
I started my blog, At Home in Scottsdale, several years ago, partially because I like to write. What I’ve discovered over time is that blogging has made me a much better Realtor. It’s hard to write about something, if you don’t understand it. The incorporation of social media has been a natural for me, and you can get to know more about Scottsdale real estate and a bit about me, if you’d like to connect on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn. You ‘ll find my photographs from around town on Flickr, and I have a channel on YouTube.
When it comes to working with clients, I pride myself in being prepared. My clients benefit from my ability to combine a big-picture perspective with an attention to detail that is so critical in real estate transactions. At the same time, I think it’s important for my clients to enjoy the process of real estate. Buying or selling a house is a major decision for most people. I think we all make better choices when we are relaxed and prepared, so my goal is to provide current data, professional guidance, and a comfortable atmosphere to aid in the process.
I specialize in residential homes, mostly resale, but I do keep up on the new home developments in the city. I also have experience in short sales and bank-owned homes. I primarily focus on the Scottsdale real estate market, but am familiar with and have done business with most of the surrounding cities.
Besides working, I have been an active volunteer in the community, serving on:
- the Board of Directors for the Special Education Parents Advisory Council of Scottsdale
- the Scottsdale Unified School District’s Capital Outlay Oversight Committee as a citizen member
- the Chair of the Scottsdale and Arizona Regional MLS Committees
- the Board of Directors for Scottsdale Sandpiper Home Owners Association, also serving several years as the HOA Treasurer.
My family moved to Phoenix in 1969, and after high school, I left Arizona, heading to Oregon and Colorado, before returning almost 20 years ago. As a Realtor, I regularly visit the many cities that make up greater Phoenix, and for me, Scottsdale is a great community to live and work in. It’s the one I chose to raise a family in. The schools are some of the best. The city services are top-notch. The parks and preserves are beautiful. Downtown is fun. I could go on, but take from me….
It’s a good life…..
P.S. If you ever have any questions about Scottsdale, or real estate, you can get to me by completing the form on my home page or calling / texting me at 602-524-3128.
Other Links to my Experience and Education:
- What My Clients Say
- Arizona Department of Real Estate License: SA546269000
- My Resume
- Zillow 5 Star Professional Profile
- In the Press
My Real Estate Designations and Certifications:
- Graduate of Realtors Institute 2004
- Internet Real Estate Professional 2004
- Accredited Buyer’s Representative 2005-current
- Certified Residential Specialist 2006-current
- Masters Real Estate Society of Arizona 2006-2012
- Seller Representative Specialist 2009-2012
- Certified Short Sale Negotiator 2009
- Member of Zillow Agent Advisory Board