Celebrating the 4th of July is one of the highlights of summer. Here’s a list of festivals, music concerts, and fireworks display, in and near Scottsdale. Lots going on!
July 3, 2012
- Fourth of July Freedom Fest - Bring the whole family and experience the last night of the The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Fourth of July Freedom Festival, taking place June 30-July 3, 2012 which includes a fireworks shows and concert by Zowie Bowie. 7575 E. Princess Drive, Scottsdale.
- Third of July Fireworks – Celebrate with an outdoor barbeque at Harold’s Corral in Cave Creek. Kid friendly activities and a fireworks display at sunset. Live music by country/pop band, Young Country, as well as local rock band, EastonAshe. 6895 E. Cave Creek Road, Cave Creek.
- Independence Day Music Festival – With music by Miranda Lambert, Darius Rucker and a fireworks show at 10:30. Salt River Fields, 7555 N Pima Road, Scottsdale.
July 4, 2012
- Scottsdale Fourth of July Parade – 7:30 a.m. Scottsdale’s Fourth of July Parade includes decorated bikes, roller blades, skateboards, horses and dogs all making a processional through Mescal Park to celebrate Independence Day. Mescal Park, 11015 N. 68th St., Scottsdale.
- Fourth at the Fountain 5-10 pm. Food, fun, and beer. Kid activities. Plus, Arizona Skyhawks Parachute Team – spectacular nighttime parachute drop demonstration at 8:30pm. Fountain Park, 12925 N. Saguaro Boulevard, Fountain Hills.
- Fabulous Phoenix Fourth 6-10 pm This family event is one of the largest celebrations in the region. Lots of activities, “Hurricane Beach”, and a spectacular F-16 flyover. Over 50 vendor booths with great food and beverages. Fireworks at 9:30. 300 E. Indian School Road, Phoenix.
- July 4th Tempe Town Lake Festival – The Kiwanis Club of Tempe 60th Annual Fireworks Spectacular will present the best fireworks show in the Valley shot from Mill Avenue bridge. The spectacular family night Fireworks Show will be choreographed to patriotic and classical music. Live music, kids activities, and great food. Tempe Beach Park 620 N. Mill Avenue, Tempe. Tickets will be on sale through July 4th at Fry’s and Fry’s Marketplace. On site ticket sales will stop when the park reaches capacity.
- Diamondbacks Fourth of July – Diamondbacks vs. San Diego Padres. Fireworks after the game. Chase Field 401 E. Jefferson Street, Phoenix. 6:40pm.
- Fourth of July featuring Morgan Page – At the W Scottsdale, there’s a poolside dance party featuring two time Grammy nominee and five time International Dance Music Award nominee Morgan Page for Fourth of July. Watch a spectacular fireworks show from W Scottsdale’s rooftop at 9 p.m. 7277 E. Camelback Road, Scottsdale.
- 4th of Zoo-ly Celebration – Spend the day at the Phoenix Zoo with a catered barbeque dinner on the lakeside lawn. Lots of kid activities and a VIP view of the Tempe fireworks. Reservations required. 455 N. Galvin Parkway, Phoenix. Call 602.914.4333.
Enjoy and be safe!